Join us as we travel through Bonn, Munich, Salzburg and Vienna and follow in the ‘footsteps of Beethoven’.
10 – 21 July 2018
Nancy is a Senior Lecturer in musicology. Her research and teaching interests centre on the music of the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries: aesthetics, analysis, and performance history and practices. In 2006-07 she was Edison Fellow at the British Library, where she investigated the performance history of Haydn’s and Beethoven’s string quartets. Recent publications include essays on the early performance of Beethoven’s string quartets, and their performance history in the recording age. Recent awards include an Alexander Humboldt von Fellowship, a Marsden grant from the New Zealand Royal Society, and a Research Fellowship from the Gerda-Henkel Foundation. She is currently completing critical reports on the middle-period string quartets for Beethoven Werke, and editing a three-volume set of fifteen string quartets by Beethoven’s contemporary Emmanuel Aloys Förster.
- Day 1 – Bonn, Germany – Group meeting
- Day 2, Bonn, Germany – Statt Reisen & Beethoven Haus
- Day 3, Bonn, Germany – Schumann Haus & Klaviersommer concert
- Day 4, Munich, Germany – Travel to Munich
- Day 5, Munich, Germany – Mozart lecture
- Day 6, Munich, Germany – Munich State Opera
- Day 7, Salzburg, Austria – Tour of Mozarts birthplace
- Day 8, Salzburg, Austria – Mozarteum, Wolfgangee & Mirabell Palace concert
- Day 9, Vienna, Austria – Travel to Vienna
- Day 10, Vienna, Austria – Hayden Haus, Mozart Haus, State Opera Haus, Musik Verein, Schonbrunn Palace tour.
- Day 11, Eisenstadt, Austria – Esterhazy Palace
- Day 12, Baden Austria – Beethoven Haus, Kurkpark
We’re currently working with our travel supplier on pricing for this tour. Register your interest above to be kept up to date with details regarding this tour.