Explore the fascinating era of History of Medicine in Arabia and India from Antiquity to today
Explore the fascinating era of History of Medicine in Arabia and India from Antiquity to its relevance today in the Medical and Scientific Disciplines of the 21st Century.
This course will cover:
- The History of Medicine in Arabic, and Indian cultures and analyse their contributions to current thinking and practice in Medicine from a historical angle.
- The classification and analysis of alternative and conventional medicine from its orgins in the Arabic (for example-Egyptian,Jewish,Babylonian, Assyrian and associated cultures) and Indian (Ayurvedic) to its relevance today.
- The identification of key developments in the History of Medicine in Arabic and Indian cultures.
- Chronological survey of Medicine from antiquity to its relevance today in the Medical and Scientific Discipline.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Classify and analyse alternative and conventional medicine from its origins in the Arabic to its relevance today
- discuss and identify key developments in the History of Medicine in these cultures.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone who has an interest in the broader picture of History of Medicine in Arabic and Indian cultures.
About the presenter
Augustine Dass, BSc(Hons) History of Medicine and Basic Medical Sciences
Augustine is a New Zealand Citizen who was born in the American Mission Hospital, Sultanate of Oman where his father was General Surgeon. He was educated at Emmanuel Grammar School and graduated from University College London,England in History of Medicine with Basic Medical Sciences.The History of Medicine component was completed at the History of Medicine Institute, London and the Basic Medical Sciences (Preclinical) plus clinical training (Beaumont Hospital) at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Medical University. Augustine is currently a contract Educator who has been a lecturer/tutor at colleges and Universities and has taught Academic English, Medical Registration preparation courses and Business courses.